Wednesday, May 15, 2019

You Are Losing to a Game!

I have written before about students who are addicted to gaming, and shared that we have sleep deprived students at North Fayette Valley High School who are sometimes staying up most of the night playing games with friends.   I know that some people scoff at the idea that kids can become addicted to a video game, or to their cell phones.  If you are one of those, then it probably does not matter what I share in this article, though I would encourage you to do a little research online.  There is a tremendous amount of it out there that paints a pretty scary picture about what it happening to the gamers in our lives.  We see the impact on nearly a daily basis as we have students that cannot stay awake while they are at school and admit to our teachers that they have been up playing games.

I am falling back on an article from Growing Leaders for this piece.  A lot of this rings true to me as I have seen first hand some of the very things described in this article.  For those of you with teenage boys in particular, I strongly recommend you take control of screen time at home, and if that means taking physical control of gaming devices, then do it.  

Parents Are Losing Their Kids to Video Games

No comments:

Post a Comment